- Mar 8, 2021
- Reaction score
Installation & Usage
1. Please run these commands from the terminal. Never forget to be in the relevant directory.
sudo apt install gjs gir1.2-ibus-1.0 libibus-1.0-5 libibus-1.0-dev ibus-gtk ibus-gtk3 ibus-clutter ibus-qt4
sudo dpkg -i avro_2.1-3_all.deb
I hope, all is well now and the installation has been finished.
2. Go to System Settings -> Language Support from Unity Launcher
3. Look at the Keyboard input method system
4. Select IBus and close the window.
5. I believe that you need to restart IBus to make everything work fine. Try the following command:
6. Now go to System Settings -> Keyboard -> Text Entry
7. Search and add Avro Phonetic as an input source.
8. If you still can't use Avro, please reboot your PC and try from 2 again. That's all.
IBus Engine by Sarim Khan email@example.com
Avro Phonetic Dictionary Search Library by Mehdi Hasan Khan
Ubuntu (multi-arch) Binary Package by Maksudur Rahman Maateen
Licensed under Mozilla Public License 1.1 ("MPL"), an open source/free software license.
For New Release
Just keep an eye here: https://github.com/maateen/avro/releases
Got an issue?
Just open an issue here: https://github.com/maateen/avro/issues
This Tutorial Created by Maksudur Rahman Maaten on his blog
Copyright : https://en.maateen.me/install-avro-keyboard-in-ubuntu/